Two weeks ago I started this journal to record my experiences with the burst of energy experience that I have recently been living. There have been some changes since then and now I have moved to a different place.
Few readers that have been through similar experiences contacted me and gave me some very interesting tips and reassured me about the process and that is all for good. I am deeply grateful and I have put some of those tips in practice and I will share here what have worked for me.
So where am I now in my process? although I cannot say exactly what is going on at the energy level, I have noticed some very clear changes in the last 2 weeks:
In addition to the things that I wrote in week 5, here is a list of what seems to have worked for me to bring the energy down and have helped me to "come back":
I am very glad to be back in my body after this intense energy experience, however I cannot shout victory as most of what I read points towards a cyclic experience: the energy comes and goes and it comes back to teach us an important lesson when it is needed!
Thank you for reading and sharing this article with whoever you know is interested, has already had a similar experience or is in the process of it.
With love and gratitude
Othman Haddad (Otto) - 27/01/2014
I have decided to start this journal because I want to share with the world what I am living right here and now and maybe demystify a lot of what we think about what is called ‘Kundalini’. I don’t want to give my experience a label but it is easier to talk about it here if we name without attaching to it.
I am also writing this because I do not want to feel isolated and maybe somebody is living a similar burst of energy somewhere on the planet and we can help and support each other!
5 weeks ago when I was meditating I felt a very strong pain in the base of my spine and then was overwhelmed with heat and very strong energy that I never felt before which went straight up to my head.
I felt dizzy and scared and immediately stopped meditating. My body felt very weak and I went straight to bed. I woke up few hours later very tired and couldn’t do anything for the day.
Since that day I have been having episodes of energy bursts going from mild to very strong. When they happen I have a string pain in my solar plexus then it takes my lungs, middle back, neck and then I completely space out. Sometimes I lose complete sense of time and place and I just want to sleep right where I am.
I spent many nights without being able to sleep with intense episodes of energy running through me and literally moving my muscles and neck with intense pain in the solar plexus and upper-back.
My body has been hot most of the time and it becomes even hotter when I have those episodes of energy bursts.
I spent the first 3 weeks very scared and could not understand and figure out the meaning of what was happening to me and why. I have been doing Yoga for quite a long time and I am generally healthy and fit but I did not discard the possibility of something missing in my diet. I have been vegetarian for few years and I never felt the need for any meat or animal protein as I am convinced that the overconsumption of animal protein has nothing to do with health but with financial interest of few people but that is a different subject that I will not go into here.
I analysed my voice to see if I could find anything lacking on the physical level or if there any dysfunction of glands or organs but could not find any. Usually the voice analysis would show me anything unusual in my system nut not this time. I could only find tension in the muscles of my upper back and neck. I concluded that there is something more to it and it is more likely to be a presence of a sudden strong energy.
It happens that my wife is a Yoga teacher and that she has some knowledge of Kundalini and she suggested to contact her very kind teacher who put me in contact with somebody who directly experienced something similar many years ago.
Speaking with that lady who had the very strong energy rising, I understood that although my experience is not exactly the same as hers, we had few things in common:
· Strong intuition
· Lost of time and space when the energy bursts
· Cyclical episodes of energy
· Warm hands and feet even if we are outside in the cold
· Pain in the upper body
She kindly told me few tips that I quickly put in practice and verified that they help a lot:
· Grounding is very important because that energy as to discharge in the earth. So long walks in nature, contact with earth and trees and f possible bare-foot, although this is not easy to do in the wintery wet London
· Eating meat helps to feel right here and right now and brings the energy down, Perhaps that is why most spiritual seekers of energy rising are vegetarians when they go in intensive meditation retreats. I can’t even explain how painful was to eat meat for me as a vegetarian but it truly helps every time to bring the energy down from my head!
· Rest a lot and reduce sessions with clients. So I started to work less and canalize my intuition more efficiently with fewer clients. The Results are good for me and for them.
· Avoid any energetic work like meditation or Kundalini Yoga or Breath work. This is not easy for me because I am a Sound Therapist and Sound awakens that energy in me after my sessions almost every time. I found out that grounding and resting before and after my sessions help a lot to minimalize the movement of energy.
I also discovered that a friend had an energy rising when he was a teenager and he gave me additional tips which really help as well. A great meditation teacher confirmed those tips and added some to the list:
· Cold is very effective for calming the energy. As soon as I feel the pain in my solar plexus and I start having a shallow breath, I put my hands under running freezing water, take off most of my cloths. I would have never imagined wearing only ti-shirt and light cloths in the cold as usually I shiver at anything less than 15 degrees Celcius.
· Having black stones/crystals with me like Tamerlane help to absorb that energy and transmute it.
· Very important to drink a lot of water during the day
· Externalizing that energy in form of vomiting or spiting helps but I did not find that very practical to do!
· Surrendering to the experience and relaxing to it makes it much easier to bear.
· I haven’t tried B supplements yet as apparently they will help me to process that energy. I will tell you more about it when I try.
This is not the first time that I have lived a strong energy experience but it is certainly the strongest.
Four years earlier I had another strong burst of energy but it was completely a different experience. It was a sudden awakening to the present moment after reading the 3rd page of “the power of now”. I spent 2 months in total presence and bliss and loved every moment of it, then whatever it was it left me and came back on “earth” again.
I never looked for any spiritual practices before this sudden experience in my life and I had always looked at meditation and Yoga and alternative approaches as hippy and useless stuff. I cannot explain why I lived what I lived few years ago but perhaps what I am living right now is starting to have a better more sense to me but I am still not 100% sure and I hope to understand it soon.
I want to thank you for reading this small attempt to write about my experience although a lot of it cannot be described by words and I hope to continue to write about it very soon when time and my energy levels allow me to do so.
I am happy to receive your comments, advice and guidance and exchange the little knowledge of my energy rising that I have acquired till now with you if it could help you.
Othman Haddad (Otto) – 12/01/2014